Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with flash write and linker file attribute section

arthshah
Contributor II

hello kerryzhou

i have question with flash write.

i have edit linker file in 2 section one for bootloader and one for my app. code

now when in my application code i write only simple LED blinking code in that case my bootloader code allow to flash write that app code in particular location of flash but when i add my application code in details something like around 60KB length of that code it does not allow me to write that code in flash.

i found that some of my app code are automatically transfer in my bootloader code section thats why i think this problem is create.

please help me to solve out this issue.

thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arth Shah,

Do you refer to our KBOOT2.0 code?

Kinetis Bootloader|NXP 

When you add the application code, you must make sure, the relocated address is larger than the flash bootloader size.

Besides, you need to make sure, the application code size + flash bootloader size is smaller than the whole flash size.

Please check it at first.

Any updated question, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

arthshah
Contributor II

hello kerry,

thanks for the reply.

i have already check flash size and application size still problem is same.

and one more thing is that code of bootloader given by you is for all kinetis board?

is it supported in my kl25z ?

0 Kudos

arthshah
Contributor II

hello kerry,

i refer your link but i want to make bootloader code without using OPENSDA.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Arth Shah,

If you don't want to use OPENSDA, you also can use other debugger, it doesn't matter. Opensda is just the debug tool, you also can use other method.

KL25 bootloader can be found in folder:

NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MKL25Z4

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos