MFG Tool for Linux Guide

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFG Tool for Linux Guide

tommos23
Contributor III

I have downloadedL4.1.15-1.0.0_ga-mfg-tools and extracted the mfgtools-with-rootfs.tar.gz.

I've installed: ibusb-1.0-0-dev & libusb-1.0-0

I've added the relevant files (the ones that worked in windows) to:

~/Downloads/L4.1.15-1.0.0_ga-mfg-tools/mfgtools/Profiles/Linux/OS Firmware/files/android/sabresd

As I have a i.MX6 SABRE SD that is running Android 7.1.1 I then ran "linux-cvbs.sh" to convert the .vbs files to .sh files and then ran:

mfgtool2-android-mx6dl-sabresd-emmc.vbs.sh

pastedImage_6.png

In the terminal I get this output however nothing else happens, the board is in the reprogramming state with the boot switch = [00001100].

I have tried pressing the reset switch when "Ready to flash" is displayed however nothing happens.

How do I run the mfgtool in Ubuntu 16.04?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

colinhelliwell
Contributor III

Does anyone have any basic tips on getting started with the Linux version please? It's really not clear how to configure to a particular board, or even what to run?!

0 Kudos

tommos23
Contributor III

In the end I setup a VM inside Linux and used the Windows version of MFG Tools. The Linux version seems completely unsupported.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron

mfgtoolcli is open source and can be debugged and modified by the customers

GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tommos23
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Are there any guides on using the mfgtoolcli with an i.MX6 SABRE SD device?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aaron

except documentation in mfgtool package, I am not aware of additional documents.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos