cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6UL 1DX: softAP not visible

karunikajiayech
Contributor I

To preface this, we have Yocto project on Linux 4.1.15-1.2.0

We are trying to create a softAP to connect a mobile device to configure our IOT device (think chromecast).

we followed the quick start guide on Linux and it outputs as the bash trace below.

root@imx6ulnxpuiopb:~# $ echo /lib/firmware/bcm/1DX_BCM4343W/bcmdhd.1DX.OOB.cal > /sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/nvram_path  
root@imx6ulnxpuiopb:~# ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.1 up  
root@imx6ulnxpuiopb:~# echo 2 > /sys/module/bcmdhd/parameters/op_mode   
root@imx6ulnxpuiopb:~# udhcpd -S -I 192.168.1.1 /etc/udhcpd.conf  
root@imx6ulnxpuiopb:~# hostapd -B /etc/hostapd.conf  
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd.conf  
rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device  
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_del_station : Disconnect STA : ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff scb_val.val 3  
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddrCFG80211-ERROR) check_dev_role_integrity :  d8:c4:6a:60:fc:85 and ssid "test"  
device role select failed  
wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED  
wlan0: AP-ENABLED ‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

However, the AP is not visible to other devices (Android, Mac Mini, RPi) nor could we ping it with the RPi or connect to it with a static ssid.

We concluded that this might be because fw_bcmdhd_apsta.bin is missing from /lib/firmware/bcm/1DX_4343W/ 
From our 10 or so builds of Yocto, we are unable to find any configs that would enable the build of this binary file. We tried using one of the ones linked in the Cypress Community (BRCM_FW_for_i.MX_04062016.tar.gz), that did not work either. Our builds in yocto uses files from the NXP community (bcmdhd-4.1.15-1.2.0.tar.gz) if that is of use to anyone.

Any suggestions and help is greatly welcome. We are grateful for any assistance possible.

Thanks!

Karunika

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karunika

please look at vendor support web page for additional support from Murata

wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos