cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting U-Boot from eMMC with iMX6

pinkpr
Contributor II

Hi,

I have an iMX6DL board, with an eMMC wired on SD4 pads.

I succeed in loading and running my U-Boot in RAM through MFG Tools.

But then, when I write U-Boot in eMMC, it doesn't boot completely.

Executed from eMMC, U-Boot seems to get stuck at `relocate_code`.

What could explain this behaviour difference between RAM-executed and eMMC-executed U-Boot ?

What is the fix for a fully eMMC-booting U-Boot ?

Thank you :-)

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierre-Olivier

U-Boot for MFG Tools does not have offset and built using u-boot-mfgtool recipe.

In general one can try ddr test and rebuild uboot with new calibration coefficients found from test

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V2.70 

also one can check board settings, like memory size in uboot/include/configs/board_name.h

file.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pinkpr
Contributor II

Hi Igor, thanks for your answer.

I'm not using Windows, but Linux + Boundary Devices' iMX USB Loader, I can't run the DDR Stress Test.

Do you know what are the exact steps of the boot ROM code ? How does it load the U-Boot present on the eMMC ? Then what are the base and target addresses of the relocation ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierre-Olivier

please refer to Chapter 8 System Boot, sect.8.6.1 Image Vector Table and Boot Data

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos