cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DemoCAN source code request

jackjiang
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am updating my application code to KEA128 via CAN based bootloader, PC software using DemoCAN, now I want to customize my function based on DemoCAN.exe. Could you please tell me if NXP can provide DemoCAN source code for me?  Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

I get the feedback now, unfortunately, DemoCAN source code is confidential, you just can use the published .exe file.

So, I am afraid, if you want to the modification, you need to design the PC software by yourself.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

"DemoCAN source code is confidential"

That line of reasoning is absurd:
'We want you to design in our parts, by the millions, but how to do what we already showed you can be done with them is a secret we won't tell you.'

What is secret about a demo?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bob,

The KEA128 CAN bootloader code  is open source, but the DemoCAN is the PC software, the author already share the executable file, the customer can use it directly with the KEA128 CAN bootloader code. This software source code is not the open source code, I already contact it with the author, I get that this PC software can't be shared, I also don't have it. Actually, this is just the PC software, customer can use it directly, if customer want to have their own function, they need to design the PC software by themselves, as you know, the protocol is shared in the document.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

Do you want to get the source code of DemoCAN.exe?

I will help you to check it with the author of this PC software.

After I get the feedback, I will let you know.

Now, please wait patiently!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos