Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Dual: FROM SOC RESET TO START UBOOT,SPEND A LOT OF TIMES

Jump to solution
shalanyang
Contributor II

IMX6Dual: FROM SOC RESET TO START UBOOT,SPEND A LOT OF TIMES

Hi,ALL,

we use imx6dual auto meter project, we hope the meter startup very fast,but we encounter a problem,

that is  from the imx6dual reset sigal to the start the uboot, spend more than 200 milliseconds test it by oscilloscope,we can not accept the result,and we do not think it make sense.

we hope NXP can support us, how long it takes(from soc reset to start uboot) gerenal?

And Is there a technical documentation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi shalan

ROM uses the 32.768 kHz clock and 32.768 KHz crystal requires hundreds of ms

for start-up. As workaround one can try to boot from SPI-NOR initially ( it does not

require stable clock as suggested in ERR007926 description) then switch to other

boot device. Also may be useful to check

Linux Fast Boot on i.MX6Q Board: Building Steps 

Boot an i.MX6 in 0.58 seconds - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
shalanyang
Contributor II

Hi ,igorpadykov,

thanks for you answer, you means ,if we boot from emmc , it must spend hundreds of ms to startup uboot.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi shalan

ROM uses the 32.768 kHz clock and 32.768 KHz crystal requires hundreds of ms

for start-up. As workaround one can try to boot from SPI-NOR initially ( it does not

require stable clock as suggested in ERR007926 description) then switch to other

boot device. Also may be useful to check

Linux Fast Boot on i.MX6Q Board: Building Steps 

Boot an i.MX6 in 0.58 seconds - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!