cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programm S32K144 from an another microcontroller

koehlerl
Contributor IV

Hi,

I want program the s32k144 with SWD from a another microcontroller (STM32F7..).

I want use the CMIS DAP driver for communication.

But where can I find the flash algorithm for the s32k144. 

Can someone help me?

BR Lutz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

robertboys
Contributor IV

Hello

It is possible to program an S32K with any CMSIS-DAP compatible debug adapter.  An NXP LPC-Link II can be used.  The Arm CMSIS-DAP sources are held here and have an Apache 2.0 license:  https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 

The S32K flash algorithms can be obtained for the S32K Software Pack here:  www.keil.com/dd2/pack under  Keil/NXP S32K.  This .pack file is an ordinary zip file and you can dig out the software components you need out of there.

Maybe an easier way is to download keil MDK (is free), install it and then install the S32K Pack.  The algorithm sources will then be found here:  C:\Keil_v5\ARM\PACK\Keil\S32_SDK_DFP\1.1.0\addon_cmsis\Flash

Get www.keil.com/appnotes/docs/apnt_299.asp and see page 5.

Now you need to make some sort of  a program to use this algorithm to actually program the S32K flash.

If you are just needing to program an existing ELF/Dwarf executable into a S32K such as for prototypes or a production line - you can use Keil MDK for free with no code limit.  This will work with any ELF/Dwarf output from any compiler such as GCC if it is indeed ELF/Dwarf compatible.  (Most are I believe).

Be careful to not accidentally program the flash area 0x400-0x40F and Mass Erase is disabled and SEC is set to Secure (both in FSEC register) or you will not be access the Flash ever again.

Hope this helps

Bob Boys

Arm

0 Kudos

koehlerl
Contributor IV

Hello,

I have problem with the Algos for the S32K144.

The Init Funktion works fine, but when then I start a other function, than the ssd_config and user_config data are empty. (0x0).

I had read out the memory of ssd_config data and user_config data after Init(). The data are ok.

Then I start a new Algo. The data for ssd_config and user_config are empty when I read out the memory.

Why is the data memory 0x0 after start a new algo ?

BR Lutz

0 Kudos