Hi. I am trying to install the IDE on my laptop containing windows 8. After downloading anf installing the software fails to open giving a fatal error that the direcotory is invalid as it contains spaces. Reinstall the program to fix the error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. I am trying to install the IDE on my laptop containing windows 8. After downloading anf installing the software fails to open giving a fatal error that the direcotory is invalid as it contains spaces. Reinstall the program to fix the error.

aamirbadershah
Contributor I

I have tried uninstalling and installing multiple time however no joy. I have also tried installing on different drives but still no joy. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So just to confirm, is the failure during the install process or when you actually try to start the IDE?

If it is during the install, then please confirm

1. The exact version of LPCXpresso IDE you are trying to install. If this is not v8.2.2, then please try v8.2.2. 
  2. The exact directory name that the IDE reports that it is trying to install into
  3. The exact version of Windows that you are using, and also the "language version" of your Windows setup (e.g English, Italian, Turkish, etc).
  4. It might also be worth trying to install the more recent MCUXpresso IDE too and seeing if you see the same issue (http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide).

But if it is when you try to start the product, I presume that you are seeing the workspace directory selection dialog? What exact directory do you see in here? The default workspace directory is based on your username - and this could be triggering the issue. Does directly entering a simple directory - such as "c:\myworkspacetest" - then allow the IDE to start up?

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

aamirbadershah
Contributor I

Hi,

The issue has been resolved. I re-installed the software on Guest account, and seems to work fine now. Thanks a lot for the prompt support and help.

Regards

0 Kudos

aamirbadershah
Contributor I

Hi,

I have attached a screen shot of what is happening whenever I try to run the program. I have also tried installing the software by signing into a guest account and then installing it, in order to remove any doubts concerning the username. But still wont work. I am using Windows 8.1, enterprise. The IDE version is the 8.2.2.

Thanks

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So what is the name of the directory that you are trying to install the product into?

The default directory used by the product installer should "just work" without any problem.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

aamirbadershah
Contributor I

I tried to install it in c, which is its default directory as well as other directories such D and E. But each time it comes up with the same error. I have also tried different versions but the error persists.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So when you run the LPCXpresso IDE installer, it should default to the following as its installation directory....

C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650

Are you saying you are changing this to just "C:" - which is obviously not a good idea !

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

aamirbadershah
Contributor I

Well no i didnt change anything. I let it install in its default directory and folder. However once it gave me error then i tried installing on other drives.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos