cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-LS1021A u-boot Issues

filipjabin
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

So i recently started working with the TWR-LS1021A board.

When I received it, It was delivered with a pre-flashed u-boot v2014 and with a 3.12 kernel which seemed to come from SDK 1.1.

I installed QorIQ SDK v2.0-1703 and I successfully managed to build fsl-image-core. I wanted to upgrade my u-boot in order to boot the new kernel image.

However, I connected the card to my host machine through the usb cable on j5 and prompted to the u-boot menu. Due to a faulty manipulation, I managed to erase the flash memory of the board with the u-boot command (I don't remem

I'm not sure how do I recover from this. It seems I can't do anything with the board right now. When I try to start the board, I don't receive anything anymore on my serial terminal. No u-boot message, nothing which seems normal because the u-boot was on the flash memory ...

Can you point me to the right direction on how do I factory reset my board (using JTAG or else)

Thank you in advance for you time.

Filip

0 Kudos
5 Replies

filipjabin
Contributor I

I forgot to mention my jumpers configuration:

It was the default one:

OFF ON ON OFF OFF OFF OFF ON            ON OFF OFF OFF ON ON ON ON

As I mentioned before I couldn't receive anything on my usb uart console. the j19 j20 jumpers are confiugred on 2-3

0 Kudos

filipjabin
Contributor I

I just found out in the SDK documentation a system recovery section:

recover section.png

Will this help me what I'm trying to achieve ? If yes, would I be able to directly install on my board the files generated through SDK 2.0 v1703 with CodeWarrior?

Regards,

Filip

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In general your understanding is correct, but in the specific case there is more straightforward way when complete NOR Flash image is programmed by means of the CodeWarrior Flash Programmer.

The image is available on the QorIQ Linux SDK v2.0 CORTEXA7 IMAGE.iso:

\flash-image\QorIQ_SDK_V2.0_LS1021ATWR_20160527_NOR_Flash.bin

The ISO can be downloaded from the same place as the SDK v2.0.

0 Kudos

filipjabin
Contributor I

Thank you for your fast response.

I've just figured that we don't have a CodeWarrior TAP or Gigabit TAP JTAG probe at our disposal.

This leaves me in a very delicate situation.

Do you think i could make it work with a lauterbach JTAG ?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, but get recommendations concerning the complete NOR Flash image programming from them.

0 Kudos