cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX287 problem with NAND

iuncuim
Contributor I

Hi all, 

We're developing custom device based on MCIMX287CVM4B (TAIW) and Macronix NAND MX30LF2G18AC. It's perfectly working with U-Boot 2014.10 and 3.18 linux kernel.

Nowadays our suppliers instead of Macronix brought an analog Winbond W29N02GVBIAA. But when testing the devices it turned out that they are switching on non-stably. In the same time the replacement of Winbond with Macronix solving this problem. 

I connected to the debug uart and saw the error codes 0x80508002 and  0x80502008. Then I connected to the USB and load and run U-Boot from RAM. U-boot confirmed that all OK, then its started booting kernel and system. When I did soft-reboot, its again expected the download from usb. 

What could be the problem? What should I look for?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The boot console code 0x80508002 means "Unable to find FCB".

Some details about the FCB may be found in the i.MX28 Reference Manual,

chapter 12 (Boot Modes).

The code 0x80502008 means the following: if the boot ROM is unable to boot from

the device, indicated by the boot mode (NAND), then it falls back to the USB interface.

This error code indicates that the USB boot failed as well.

Also, please look at the following thread.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-95515 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

iuncuim
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer. I read about error codes and what they means. Can you give me your contacts (e-mail, skype, telegram, whatsapp)? I would try to explain the problem in our native language

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try to create request on native language.

Support|NXP  

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos