cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUExpresso and LPC Link 2 problem

phateee
Contributor II

Hello,

I have installed LPCXpresso 8.14 and I use LPC-Link 2. It works fine.

Then I install new MCUxpresso, because I bought OM13094 with LPC546xx.

Now I need to work with LPC1837 + LPC link 2, I put link 2 into USB port and in windows there is "LPC based USB device". I can't program the processor.

I try to reinstall driver, run boot script in bin folder, uninstall MCUxpresso....but the problem is the same....

I can't find whole day the reason, why it does not work...

@NXP: You should test the compatibility before you realease new software...

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There should be no issues using LPC-Link2 with MCUXpresso IDE. It basically works exactly as per LPCXpresso IDE. LPC-Link2 is used with MCUXpresso IDE extensively by customers as well the actual engineering development team.

My suspicion is that either:

1) You have somehow managed to install an old LPC driver which is blocking access to LPC-Link2. See section 14.12.5 - LPC-Link2 windows drivers - and section 14.12.6 - LPC-Link2 failing to enumerate.

2) If you are powering your LPC18 via USB from your PC, then this may - like the LPC-Link2 - be appearing as an LPCDevice, meaning that the IDE cannot tell which to softload. In this circumstance, either power the LPC18 from an alternative source, or else preprogram the LPC-Link2 firmware using the LPCScrypt utility.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support.

0 Kudos

phateee
Contributor II

It is the same with VCOM...

based.png

0 Kudos