BLE Disconnect Failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Disconnect Failure

mateuszwielgos
Contributor II

I am using KW41Z with version 2.2.0 of the SDK (framework v. 5.3.3, bluetooth v. 1.2.3) as a peripheral.

With one specific Android device (ZTE K88, Android 6.0.1), gConnEvtDisconnected_c event sometimes fails to be fired. I'm not able to replicate this issue on iOS (iPad Air 2, iOS 10.3.3) nor with another Android device (Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1).

The flow can be as simple as connect / disconnect (once or multiple times). In the end, the peripheral is in a broken state - neither connected nor advertising.

I used Android's Bluetooth HCI snoop option to gather some logs (connect / disconnect multiple times, see attached). The only weird thing about the last (failed) disconnect is another command sent (LE Connection Update) before receiving Disconnect Complete event from the peripheral. I was able to replicate this behavior multiple times.

Looking at a similar log from another device (Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1), Disconnect Complete event is never abrupt in such a way.

Could this be the issue, or am I on the wrong track? How can I handle this scenario?

Thank you.

Original Attachment has been moved to: btsnoop_hci.cfa.zip

Labels (2)
4 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

This issue has been fixed in the KW41Z SDK Maintenance Release which is out now. You can download it from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos

moticohen
Contributor I

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for sharing this.. 

I encountered a similar issue and like you only experienced it on (several) Android device/s.

I'm wondering if you had any luck getting a fix for this issue from NXP ? if not, it will also be very interesting to know if you have found a workaround for it yourself.

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have reported this issue to the SW team. I will update this thread when a resolution is available.

Regards,

0 Kudos

michaelbrudevo1
Contributor III

I suspect you're running into the same issue I had in https://community.nxp.com/thread/450152 

0 Kudos