Boot problem with u-boot sdk (imx6qsabresd)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot problem with u-boot sdk (imx6qsabresd)

Jump to solution
gkt
Contributor II

Hello all.

I am working to build a custom bootloader by using SDK. I have achieved to boot the custom board with only using the "u-boot.imx" inside the sdcard. However, when I try to write the "u-boot.imx" on a partitioned sdcard that includes the image that I built previously, the system uses the bootloader which is included the image itself, not the one that I have created using the SDK.

The procedure that I am following:

1.Writing the image on the sdcard using the "$ sudo dd if=<.sdcard image> of=/dev/sdb bs=1M" command.

2.Writing the "u-boot.imx" file on the sdcard using the "$ sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M seek=2 conv=fsync"

command. 

(Additional question: The board does not boot without adding the "seek" part of the command. What is the reason          of this? I will be more than happy, if you answer it.)

(I try to write the "u-boot.imx" on the first partition of the sdcard to avoid deleting the second partition.)

3.Try to boot it using the board.

4.Board uses the original u-boot (that is included inside the image itself) not the one that I have created using the SDK. I want to boot it with the SDK one.

(The date of compilation of the u-boot is Oct 03 2017 when I boot the device. I created the SDK one on Oct 09             2017. That is how I am telling it is using the other one. I do not know this is the correct way to tell it.)

I tried numerous solutions to solve this issue. However, none of them worked.

Many thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giray,

Please try the following command:
   $ sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdX bs=1K seek=1; sync

Remember to replace sdX with the correct partition mounted in your PC (possible sdb).

Thanks!
Vanessa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giray

also may be useful to check Linux Guide for programming images included in

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.9.11_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717061... 

sdcard image includes already uboot, so writing the "u-boot.imx" file on step 2

overwrites original image uboot.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
vanessa_maegima
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giray,

Please try the following command:
   $ sudo dd if=u-boot.imx of=/dev/sdX bs=1K seek=1; sync

Remember to replace sdX with the correct partition mounted in your PC (possible sdb).

Thanks!
Vanessa

0 Kudos