cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change clock frequency S32k144 EVB

mrajanna
Contributor V

Hi,

Most of the projects created in S32 Design studio is having 8Mhz oscillator value.

How can I change it to 26 Mhz ?

Please guide.

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I didn't mention that these steps are related to custom board with already connected 26 MHz XTAL. For official S32K144 EVB (from thread headline I'm assuming that you are going to modify official EVB) you need at least replace existing crystal oscillator and may be also the capacitors related to XTAL (12pF).  

Jiri

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohan, 

you can set external crystal frequency value in the Clock manger. You also need to tune clock dividers/multipliers to have resulting frequencies for peripherals in correct range (see warnings in the Processor expert). 

pastedImage_1.png

With 26 MHz crystal you may have hard time (combining dividers/multipliers) to get maximum performance for example for core clock (max is 112 MHz). Better idea is use crystal frequency which can be divided by 8. From my point of view - usage of 8 MHz crystal is okay. Do you have some special reason for using 26 MHz crystal oscillator? 

Jiri

0 Kudos

mrajanna
Contributor V

Hi Jiri,

This requirement is not for S32K144 EVB.

This requirement is for one of our customized device that has miniature form of S32K144 MCU. This device is running with 26Mhz. So I want to flash UART application on this device and test it. 

Thanks

Mohan

0 Kudos