comparison chart for S08 variants

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparison chart for S08 variants

juliancox
Contributor V

There appears to be VERY MANY variants of the S08 MCU - even if we discount package type and memory size. Does there exist some form of comparison table  that lists the features of each variant. Don't take this literally, but if i need one with two widgets and three gismos the only way is to download the datasheet for each device until I find what I want.

There may well be the document I need, but I can't find it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian

Maybe this can help you

If you need USB the option are

S08JS

S08JM

S08MM

If you need motor control

S08MP

S08AC- AW

S08P-RN

LIN communication

S08SL

CAN communication

S08DZ 

LOW Power

S08QE

Small package

S08SH

LCD driver

S08LL

S08LH

I hope this will help you

Please let me know if you need recommendation or more information

Regards

Vicente

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

Thank you for the information, but I thought NXP may have responded. From the NXP website there is a list of 30 variants and to give you an idea of my frustration :- Right now I don't need any of the options that you list. Taking as an example  a GB version is described as "a general purpose GB MCU" and a GT version is described as "a general purpose GT MCU". This information is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!! Why has'nt NXP published a parametric table for this family of devices so that someone like me can view the whole range, select the features required and then compare those that fulfil the requirements. It's not an new idea - almost all semiconductor manufacturers do this.

0 Kudos