cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6 MIPI RAW12 capture pixel ordering in memory

edison_fernande
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to capture RAW12 data using the MIPI interface with an iMX6. I'm able to properly capture, however, the data is stored in memory as it comes from the CSI2-interface so after capturing every buffer, the data needs to be re-ordered which adds load to the ARM.

Taking a look at the RM, I can see the the data is stored in memory by the IPU Gasket as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

Then that data is captured by the CSI as it is (with no special re-ordering). The IDMAC is currently configured to capture generic data (as recommended) and I've tried configuring for 8, 12 and 16 bpp with the same results (the data is just moved to memory).

My question is: Is there a way in HW of getting the pixels properly stored in memory? This is P1[11:0], P2[11:0], P3[11:0], P4[11:0], .... instead of P1[11:4], P2[11:4], P1[3:0], P2[3:0], P3[11:4], P4[11:4}, ...

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Edison

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kennywang
Contributor III

Hi Edison,

I use a sensor output RAW12 format, I can't capture the image correctly, the image rolling . I set  pixel_fmt  to IPU_PIX_FMT_GENERIC_16 , I can capture RAW10 correctly. How can I modify driver to capture RAW12? Thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Edison

IPU supports packing/ unpacking with programmable position and width of color components,
described sect.37.4.2.3 FCW & FCR - Format converter write and read
i.MX6DQ Reference Manual
http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf
for MIPI captured data there is no special HW reordering support.  

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos