cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup issue in FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX6SX serial driver

raghavendraks
Contributor II

Hi,

I am not able to run any example or demo codes which are available in " FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX6SX ". The code is getting build but after downloading the code on to the target " IMX6SX SBD board " loop is not jumping to main code because of infinite loop in the exception handlers which are present in the startup file(startup_MCIMX6X_M4.s). 

My environment:

IDE: ARM DS-5

Toolchain: ARM C compiler 5/6

Target board: IMX6SX SBD 

Terminal: Putty

Also attached the FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX6SX.exe for example codes.

I need to run the UART code with the help ARM DS-5 compilers (arm c compiler 5/6) and check output in the terminal window, so please anyone help in this regard.

Regrads,

Raghavendra

Original Attachment has been moved to: FreeRTOS_BSP_1.0.1_iMX6SX.exe.zip

Labels (1)
5 Replies

raghavendraks
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. As per the getting started document i just imported the project for the freeRTOS folder and tried to build the project. The project is successfully getting build and i can see .bin & .axf files generated under the debug folder, later i downloaded the .axf file into imx6sx target board but after clicking run option the execution is not jumping to main code routine instead of it is looping in startup file itself. So i think it could be the startup file but not sure.

This is what i did, apart from this i didn't do any building of the FreeRTOS Library. Is it necessary and if it is required then tell me the procedure how to build the FreeRTOS library.

//**** Help Required ***//

Another my question is, i have a serial code which is compiled successfully using arm gcc compiler and it is working fine for nxp imx6sx target board.

My setup was here:

IDE: ARM DS-5

Toolchain: arm-none-eabi-gcc 4.7.4

Target board: IMX6SX SBD 

Terminal: Putty

Now i want to execute the same code in the same setup but with ARM C Compiler instead of gcc compiler, for that what are the changes i have to do. Please find the attached code.

or 

Can i get any arm c compiler example code which can run on nxp imx6sx board.

Please reply with solutions.

Regards,

Raghavendra

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am very sorry, there is no FreeRTOS library, I was confused with the KSDK library for FreeRTOS.

Regarding to your other question, NXP does not support DS-5 as it is not developed by us. But this may help.

DS-5 Development Studio | Adding New Compiler Toolchains to DS-5 – Arm Developer 

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the following document describes the process to run RPMsg example which is on of the examples where the two cores are communicated, it also indicates the required documentations and drivers. The process described is with IAR, however it is the same as in DS-5.

Running RPMsg Demo Applications for Multicore Communication with IMX6SX and IMX7D 

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

raghavendraks
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the quick response and solution, i am trying with example hello word only and using ddr ram, moreover after downloading the .axf file on to the target need to run the project at the time the loop is not jumping to main code because in the start up file too many exception handlers are enabled and it is getting stuck at SVC_Handler (infinite loop).

In the "...\platform\devices\MCIMX6X\startup\arm\startup_MCIMX6X_M4.s " file 

"; Dummy Exception Handlers (infinite loops which can be modified) " this line is mentioned, please help here how to modify and where exactly Later execution should back to main code and smooth execution. Finally i should see the output (Hello World) in the terminal (putty) window.

Note: I am working in windows platform.

Regards,
Raghavendra

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raghavendra,

Besides compiling the FreeRTOS Hellow World example, did you build the FreeRTOS Library?

Are you following the FreeRTOS documentation?

• Getting_Started_with_FreeRTOS_BSP_for_i.MX_7Dual.pdf / Getting_Started_with_FreeRTOS_BSP_for_i.MX_6SoloX.pdf

Chapter 6 Running Application with U-Boot

Did you modified the example? If you did not modified the examples it must work without problems by following documentation above.