AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to RESET/Clear HAB authentication failures in i.MX6

Question asked by Krishnan P on Oct 5, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 by Yuri Muhin

Hi,

I am working on enabling secure boot using HAB in my project.  I have  two OS images in my board. One will be used as the  main image and other will act as a back up. The idea is to jump to back up image if the main image authentication fails.

I could able to successfully authenticate both images separately from reset. Now I want to authenticate the back up image if the authentication of main image fails. However, I am getting previous errors/hab events,  if I authenticate back up OS image after the main image authentication fail. Is there a way to clear the previous authentication errors in HAB?

I have gone through the HAB API manual. The only relevant information about the HAB initialization is mentioned below.

"The authentication of each image in a boot sequence must be bracketed by its own hab_rvt.entry() ... hab_rvt.exit() pair in order to ensure that security state information gathered for one image cannot be misapplied to another image."

I have checked my  source and ensured that  I am calling hab_rvt.entry() ... hab_rvt.exit()  each time I authenticate an image.

Is there any API/mechanism  I can use to reset/clear the HAB errors? 

Appreciate your help...

Thanks,

Krishnan.

Outcomes