error code 11300 when attempting to run democonsole.srec in OM2385/SF001 - OL2385 Wireless sub-GHz Transceiver SIGFOX Development Kit with KL43Z. What does that mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 11300 when attempting to run democonsole.srec in OM2385/SF001 - OL2385 Wireless sub-GHz Transceiver SIGFOX Development Kit with KL43Z. What does that mean?

isabelfrota
Contributor II

Hello guys!
I purchased a KL43Z development kit with OL2385 and I followed all the steps given by the OM2385 / FS001 development kit - User guide. However when trying to run democonsole, I get the following message "An error occurred in the SetupDevices function (11300)".

I would like to know what error this is, as I have not found documentation regarding this.

pastedImage_5.png

Note: The sigfox tower is very close to where I am performing the tests.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Tags (2)
9 Replies

felipefraporti
Contributor I

Hello, I am also having problems running the demos on the same platform. I am able to run the ConsoleControl demo, just like Isabel, but I am not receiving any message on the sigfox website. I registered and activated my device, my zone is RCZ4. Did you guys get it fixed? Did you figure out what was the problem?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Felipe,

You might be having some interference issues with your connection and the ambient you are testing your application. 

I am assuming that you are in the Sigfox area and that is your zone (RCZ4 FCC Latin America, Australia, New Zealand (902 to 915MHz)).

Could you please try again in another environment?

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ramonribeiro
Contributor I

Hey guys. I have exactly the same issue from you Isabel and I have been following your posts waiting for a answer and right now I figured out. I started the debug from kinetis design studio and import the console project from sigfox driver, as suggested by Mario , and start searching to a function that could change the value of variable status... (that was a little exhaustive) so in file sf.c, I commented all the if statement:
/* Set watchdog timer. */
// if (kStatus_Success == status)
// {
// SF_PackFrame(sfSpiCmdSetWdTimer, SF_SET_WD_TIMER_INF_PLD_B,
// (uint8_t*)(&(userConfig->watchdogTime)), (uint8_t *)spiSndBuf);
// status = SF_SendCommandInt(drvData, SF_SET_WD_TIMER_INF_B,
// SF_SET_WD_TIMER_ACK_B, spiSndBuf, spiRcvBuf, SF_ACK_NOTRANS_TIMEOUT_US);
// }
OBS: I still don't know how this can impact my code/application, if someone could answer me I would be thankful.

I build and started the debug. On the console, I setup the RCZ4, because I from Brazil, as Mario said. But still I couldn't send messages over sigfox so I started a greedy search until I find one. And I got a result in RCZ2 at 902MHZ.

I would like to thank you guys, Isabel and Mario. I have been trying to get this working for a while and I just find answers in this post. I hope that I could help you too, Isabel.

Att,
Ramon Ribeiro

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ramon,

Remember, If you don't set the watchdog timer you are not able to recover the system from application program deadlock.

But still, I couldn't send messages over SIGOFX so I started a greedy search until I find one. And I got a result in RCZ2 at 902MHZ.

You need to contact your local SIGFOX support and ask what is the frequency that they are supporting. Please let me know if you have problems with the kit.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isabel,

Did you register your device in https://backend.SIGFOX.com/activate ? 

Could you please comment this verification and please let me know if it works.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

isabelfrota
Contributor II

Hi Mario, 

I activated the kit as soon as I got it and got that white status. When you mouse over the status the following message is shown "Communication allowed but keep-alive in defined or no message received"

I really do not know how to proceed because I have followed all the steps correctly.

pastedImage_5.png

Thank you for the help!

Isabel

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isabel,

Could you please try with the Console Control Example?

Please comment the next validation.

/* Initialize SPI, GPIOs and Sigfox driver, */
    status = SetupSigfoxDriver(&sfDrvData);
    /*if (status != kStatus_Success)
    {
        PRINTF("An error occurred in SetupSigfoxDriver (%d)\r\n", status);
    }
    else*/
    {

Depending where you are located, change the RCZ

21 for RCZ1
22 for RCZ2
23 for RCZ3
24 for RCZ4

Then, try to send a payload for a simple test

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

isabelfrota
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I did what was requested and now I'm even more confused.

All send information commands run without error messages, however nothing changes in the sigfox backend. Also, when you try to run the "Receive Frame" and "Check ID key" commands, there are error messages. I also ran the "Test Mode" and all the commands passed.

pastedImage_1.png

executing "send paylod" without error messages and executing "receive frame" with message error 62

pastedImage_3.png

executing "test mode" with all your options and not show error messages.

Regards,

Isabel.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Isabel

You might be having some interference issues within your connection and the ambient you are testing your application. 

Could you please try again in another place?

Remember to choose your correct Region

• RCZ1 ETSI Europe (863 to 870MHz)

• RCZ2 FCC US (902 to 928MHz)

• RCZ3 ARIB Japan and Korea (915 to 930MHz)

• RCZ4 FCC Latin America, Australia, New Zealand (902 to 915MHz)

Let me know your findings

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos