Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

menu disabled in OS X after installation

Jump to solution
rianderous
Contributor I

Hello,

I installed LPCXpresso on OS X, but I can't activate it because all the menu items are disabled. I'm now using windows, but it would be nice if I can activate and use it on OS X. What can I do? 

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rian,

please follow the instructions in Special Notice for Eclipse IDE Users on macOS 10.13 in non-English mode .

This is a known bug in Eclipse.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

10 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rian,

please follow the instructions in Special Notice for Eclipse IDE Users on macOS 10.13 in non-English mode .

This is a known bug in Eclipse.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

rianderous
Contributor I

thank you very much! Problem is solved! 

0 Kudos
rianderous
Contributor I

Hey! Thank you for your answer, but I have exactly the same problem with MCUxpresso. Everything is disabled under file, edit, source, refactor, ...

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We have never seen this problem (and most of the MCUXpresso IDE developers use Mac OS X on a daily basis). What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rianderous
Contributor I

I have a macbook pro 13" 2017 model without Touch Bar and 256GB storage. It's running High Sierra now. As I've written here above I have the problem with both MCUxpresso and LPCxpresso...

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you please attach the .log file contained in the workspace .metadata folder? Moreover, try to launch the IDE using the command line by adding the '-clean' option.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rianderous
Contributor I

This is the lpcxpresso log: Dropbox - .log. I'll try to run it with the terminal. 

EDIT: starting LPC or MCU expresso IDE with the -clean option did not solve the problem. 

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

your bug seems to be related to this Eclipse bug: Bug 520176 – [10.13] Menu Bar Disabled From Use Completely and it seems a localization problem.

Could you please attach the Info.plist from "<MCUXpresso folder>/ide/jre/Contents/Info.plist" (see Comment 72)?

Thanks, Regards.

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rianderous
Contributor I

It was a very busy week for me. Almost forgot to post the file here. 

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

Suggest you try MCUXpresso, which has replaced LPCXpresso.

0 Kudos