Where to get Gadget Serial v2.4 driver for Windows 7 32bits?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get Gadget Serial v2.4 driver for Windows 7 32bits?

alejandropinto
Contributor I

Good morning,

I have a board (developed in my job) with an i.MX6DL connected to a PC, running Windows 7 64 bits, via USB and it is recognized as a "PI USB to Serial (COMxx)" device but i need to get drivers to make it work in the same way in Windows 7 32 bits.

This device is listed in device manager (in Windows 7 32 bits) inside "Ports(COM & LPT)" as "Gadget Serial v2.4" but it is asked to reinstall the drivers and i can't find it since any of the drivers i got didn't work. 

Regards,

Alejandro Pinto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alejandro

do you mean DEBUG UART TO USB CONVERSION (or similar)

device, which is used on i.MX6Q SabreSD schematic spf-27392 p.13

it shows drivers location (on vendor site).

pastedImage_1.jpg

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alejandropinto
Contributor I

Thanks for your response Igor!

I forgot to mention that the board i am working with has USB functionality implemented using the USB_OTG_DN (B6 pin), USB_OTG_DP (A6 pin) and USB_OTG_VBUS (E9 pin) pins of i.MX6DL instead of using an external FTDI IC. 

Anyway, i tried driver for FT232R IC from FTDI manufacturer for Windows 7 32 bits and it doesn't work as expected.

The only information i got from Windows 7 64 bits where it works is described below:

Driver Provider: Pyramid Innovation Ltd

Driver Date:       14/09/2015

Driver Version:   1.0.0.0

Digital Signer:     Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Driver Details:

Driver files:     C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\usbser.sys

Provider:         Microsoft Corporation

File Version:    6.1.7601.18247 (win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

I couldn't find a driver from that manufacturer and something that works on Windows 7 32 bits.

I hope 

Regards, 

Alejandro

0 Kudos

alejandropinto
Contributor I

Finally, i want to mention which was the solution for this issue:

Windows Update for both Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits) installed the correct driver (as mentioned before for Windows 7 64 bits) and this device can now be used without any problem.

In the PC with Windows 7 32 bits although i could surf the web, Windows Update couldn't access to Internet to download the driver and that was the problem.

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos