arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe stopped working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe stopped working

jeremyanderson
Contributor III

I started with KDS and recently migrated to MCUXpresso and have run into a problem in which I start debugging, then suspend my application.  When I do this I get two error popups, the first reports that starter.exe has stopped working and the next reports that arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe has stopped working.  I get the same problem with KDS.  On MCUXpresso my target is the FRDM-K66 board and I'm attempting to run example FreeRTOS projects.  I'm wondering if there might be some issue with having KDS and MCUXpresso both installed since a colleague who has only MCUXpresso installed is not seeing this problem. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeremy,

I do have as well KDS and MCUXpresso installed, and don't have that problem.

What run control unit are you using? I knew that there were some issues with some debug probes having running multiple sessions from different gdb instances, but the latest P&E/Segger drivers don't expose this issue.

Another thought is: disable any FreeRTOS kernel awareness just to remove that as a possibility?

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

jeremyanderson
Contributor III

Hi Erich:

We’re using a Segger j-link debugger in the KDS environment. Our target is the K64 on our hardware in that case. For the MCUXpresso environment we’re using the embedded debugger on the FRDM-K66 board. But now for the worst part. We rebooted the workstation and the problem went away. The first time we rebooted the problem did not go away.

One more detail, we did try another example project without the FreeRTOS component and the behavior was the same, when the problem was present it happened with both projects. So I’d say that what you’ve suggested has helped to focus our attention on the possibilities, multiple debuggers, FreeRTOS kernel awareness. If we find anything definitive, I’ll post a followup.

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos