CW10.7 opens then closes after a couple of seconds with no error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.7 opens then closes after a couple of seconds with no error

carlnormansuret
Contributor V

We pay the license yearly for CW10.7 pro.

Using Windows 7 64bit, PC is 6 months old.

Today I went to open CW107pro and it just closes after a few seconds every time.

I removed the workspace in case it was my projects, but the same issues happens.

I uninstalled and reinstalled CW10.7... same issue... Also restarted PC before, and after... still no luck.

The last thing i see is a progress of "indexing" or something, its hard to see because its so fast.

I dont know what to do, but I have work due today...

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carl.

I myself didn't experience this kind of problem.

However based on the feedback of my customer, there are some possible reasons we can check.

1. make sure your CW is installed and used with windows admin right. I ever had customer have similar problem as yours because he didn't have windows admin right.

2. Create a NEW workspace and NEW project under it, see how it works.

3. Not sure if the problem is because of your own CW install. Please find another computer, install CW to it. then copy the install folder to your own computer. Open CW from this copied CW install folder, see how it works.

4. last, we ever had customer met similar problem on win7. He fixed his problem in this way.

------------------------

-       Right click IDE.exe in the \bin folder.

-       Select    “Properties”

-       Select    “Compatibility”

-       Select    “Change settings for all users”

-       Select    “Run this program in compatibility mode for”

-       Select    “Windows Vista” from pull down menu

-       Select    “Disable visual themes” & “Disable desktop composition” &” Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

-       Do NOT select  “Run in 256 colors” & “Run in 640x480 screen resolution”.

-       Hit OK.

Please try above.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos