cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SGT5000 SPEAKER NOT WORKING

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working on a SGTL5000 speaker on i.MX6 based board. The Speaker is not working even after setting the register such as  CHIP_ANA_POWER to  0x6AFF , CHIP_DIG_POWER to 0X0073 ,  CHIP_LINEGRE_CTRL to 0X8  values. The Headphones are working fine. And we have made sure the speaker is working one from hardware side.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjali

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I understand that you are setting CHIP_ANA_POWER to 0x6AFF, CHIP_DIG_POWER to 0x0073 and CHIP_LINREG_CTRL as 0x0008. But I think that the problem is that you are missing to set up the volume of the LINEOUT connected to the Speaker, the line output has a dedicated gain stage that can be used to adjust the output level. The CHIP_LINE_OUT_VOL controls the line level output gain. Please check Table 30, Table 31 and Table 32 from the datasheet for more details: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/SGTL5000.pdf

The line outputs also have a dedicated mute that is controlled by the register field CHIP_ANA_CTRL- >MUTE_LO. Check out that LINEOUT mute is not enabled.

All outputs (LINEOUT, HP_OUT, I2S_OUT) are muted by default on power up.

Also, make sure that the route you are going to use is properly selected by your software.

There is a complete programming example about how to initialize and program the codec in the application note AN3663: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN3663.pdf

Input/Output Routing software examples are in section 2.2.3

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos