USB-3 P1010 errata : Missing SOFs and false babble error due to Rx FIFO overflow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-3 P1010 errata : Missing SOFs and false babble error due to Rx FIFO overflow

fabricedecrop
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using P1010 RDB, and I'm facing missing SOF issue with USB 2.0 devices. I'm also using VxWorks 6.9 OS and my investigation leads me to think that babble detect error is not reported by the controller to the software.

It's confusing as the workaround for USB-3 errata (https://media.digikey.com/pdf/PCNs/Freescale/P1010CE_RevL.pdf ) says that I should reset the USB port when a babble is detected.

How can I get the babble detect bit set to 1 ?Could you please, confirm me that this bit is correctly set when a missing SOF is occuring ? In wich registers of EHCI controller, the babble detect error bit is set ?

Thanks in advance for your replay,

Kind regards,

Fabrice DECROP

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

fabricedecrop
Contributor I

Could you please, confirm that this bit is correctly set when a missing SOF occurs ?

I have to add one point about the halted flag, that should also set to 1, if missing SOF occurs. Should this bit also set to 1 in this case ?

My EHCD software driver does not get these 2 settings.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Kind regards,

Fabrice DECROP

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Table 17-11 of the P1010 Reference Manual rev 4:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=P1010RM&Parent_nodeId=1288101051148725331648&Parent_page...

Find description of the bit 29 for babble detection.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

fabricedecrop
Contributor I

I'm still facing this issue : babble detect bit is not set whan a missing SOF occurs.

This lead to an issue théat does not enumerate USB2 2.0 device on the P1010 USB port. Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Regards,

Fabrice DECROP

0 Kudos

fabricedecrop
Contributor I

This issue is also reproductible on P1010 RDB .

Regards,

Fabrice DECROP

0 Kudos