cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for a rookie in the field of embedded systems

siddharthchawla
Contributor I

Hi All,

I am sure that many of you will feel that this question is off-topic, but please bear with me. After spending more than 12 hour of my day today, on how to get started with LPC1769, I got nowhere. I just started school and I chose embedded system as my Major, however, this is my first time that I am supposed to code in embedded C(I am good in C/C++ though) and use a microcontroller like LPC1769. I saw many user's code, but I was not able to understand that how things work in mcu ? and How to get started with a C code for me ? 

So I would be highly thankful, if someone can get me started. I really want to learn but I am not able to figure out the code structure, what to initialize first, ports ? if yes then how ? 

Help !

Best

Sid.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Siddharth Chawla,

You can learn the embedded systems combine theory with practice.

1. Go to the library find an embedded system book

Read the embedded system book, just to learn the basic knowledge.

2. Get a LPC1769 board, then download the chip user manual and datasheet, then find the according code, download the the code to the chip, check the function.

Read the code project, try to understand it.

Official code can be found from this link:

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Can you suggest a good embedded systems book?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi VIGNESH BALAJI,

My embedded system book is all in Chinese, so I think you can go to your local library to check the books, actually, to the basic knowledge, different book nearly the same for these content.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos