AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't compile OpenCV 3.3 with galcore OpenCL library (Debian 7)

Question asked by Mathieu Chassara on Sep 21, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2017 by igorpadykov

Hi everyone,

I am using an i.MX6q (HummingBoard), on which I run a SolidRun Debian Linux distro (which are available here).

In our company, we would like to use OpenCV and make it work with OpenCL using the Vivante GC2000 GPU. I found out there was already the Vivante ICD and also a galcore directory in /usr/lib which apparently contains all the libraries I would need to use OpenCL (libOpenCL.so, libVivanteOpenCL.so, etc).

When I'm trying to compile OpenCV 3.3 with a link to those OpenCL libraries, I got a compilation error (undefined reference to clCreateImage) but as far as I know, Vivante supports OpenCL 1.1 EP and OpenCV seems to support it also, it should work.

When I execute strings /usr/lib/galcore/libOpenCL.so on the board, I can see clCreateImage2D and clCreateImage3D but not clCreateImage. At first I thought this was caused because of an outdated linux distro our outdated drivers but when I execute the same command on the lib I found on the poky distro from Freescale Community, it also doesn't have this function. I also thought it was caused because of a recent version of OpenCV but it seems that this function has already been used in previous OpenCV versions.

I'm kinda lost right now, I quite don't understand where this can come from. Do you guys have any idea of what would cause this or at least how can I compile OpenCV 3.3 with Vivante OpenCL library ?

PS: I also have some heavy misunderstandings between the galcore library, the galcore kernel module and this galcore directory I have on my distro: I don't have any galcore module on my distro, if you guys could enlighten me on this one it would be really nice !

Outcomes