Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Reader IC Selection for p2p communication along with TAGs

Jump to solution
mahendrasondaga
Contributor III

Hello Folks,

Here we're making smart lock application that need to be operated with NFC smart phone as well tags, may be ISO1443-3, 14443-4 having type A and B

We're going use external controller(MCU) for for the reading content of IC and handling mechanical part of the lock.

Can community suggest me reader ic which suitable with my application. IC must be compatible with  with all modern smart phones in P2P mode and ISO version of tags that I've mention above, as well as it must have the code resources for the rapid product prototype.

I've read reader ic portfolio before asking my questions here, but still I'm bit confuse here!

All suggestions and comments welcomes

Thanks

1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mahendra Sondagar,

PN7150 has IRQ as the interrupt output, which can be used to wake up your MCU from deep sleep mode. For PN5180, it has GPO pins as outputs, you may also use them to wake up the MCU.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
akololli
Contributor I

I'm looking for the same exact thing, but something that can also interact with QR readers.  Is there any QR readers out there that can interact with PN7150?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mahendra Sondagar,

I would recommend PN5180, you may refer to the reference design here: OM25180 |PN5180 NFC Development Kit for POS Readers|NXP , the application can be built based on NFC reader library, which includes many example and you may use them as a starting point. To download the library, please refer to NFC Reader Library|NXP .

For the MCU, I recommend LPC1769, which is also used on OM25180. Please refer to https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11744.pdf  for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Contributor I

It's useful, thank you.

0 Kudos
mahendrasondaga
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply

I've selected PN7150 for the compatibility with all type of tags and p2p mode 

previously I've used PN532, with it's FD (Filed detection pin) i wake up my MCU from deep sleep mode by external hardware interrupt 

same thing that i need to implement with PN7150 or PN5180

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mahendra Sondagar,

PN7150 has IRQ as the interrupt output, which can be used to wake up your MCU from deep sleep mode. For PN5180, it has GPO pins as outputs, you may also use them to wake up the MCU.

Have a great day,
Kan

mahendrasondaga
Contributor III

Thanks a lot Ken

with best regards,

Mahendra Sondagar

0 Kudos
Sarajia
Contributor I

Hi Sir,

Does PN5180 support 14443-Type B ? Would you mind giving some recommendation on setting this mode? We have downloaded some materials from Docstores but not finding the config method.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

0 Kudos