How many core cycles take a 32 byte / 16 byte = 16 byte division instruction on a MKL17Z128?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many core cycles take a 32 byte / 16 byte = 16 byte division instruction on a MKL17Z128?

Jump to solution
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

Can anybody tell me how many core cycles does a 32 byte / 16 bytes = 16 byte division instruction take on a MKL17Z128?

How to optimize the compiler (both in KDS and in MCUXpresso) in order to produce the minimal set of assembly instructions for that?

I haven't found any specific information about that, not even in ARM Cortex M0 Plus Manual.

Best regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

Actually, the core cycles take a 32 byte / 16 bytes is determined by your IDE code.

I think you can write a small example about 32 byte / 16 bytes in the IDE you are using, then debug the code, check the according asm code.

After you get the according asm code, please refer to my attached document: Cortex-M0+ Technical Reference Manual.pdf.

Page 26, chapter 3.3 Instruction set summary.

You can find each assembler cycles, then just according to table 3-1, to calculate your 32 byte / 16 bytes asm cycles.

Take care, higher optimization will caused smaller ASM code.

Please try it on your side.

If you still have question about it, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marco,

Actually, the core cycles take a 32 byte / 16 bytes is determined by your IDE code.

I think you can write a small example about 32 byte / 16 bytes in the IDE you are using, then debug the code, check the according asm code.

After you get the according asm code, please refer to my attached document: Cortex-M0+ Technical Reference Manual.pdf.

Page 26, chapter 3.3 Instruction set summary.

You can find each assembler cycles, then just according to table 3-1, to calculate your 32 byte / 16 bytes asm cycles.

Take care, higher optimization will caused smaller ASM code.

Please try it on your side.

If you still have question about it, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos