Zstar3 Development Board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zstar3 Development Board

PSilva
Contributor I
Hello, I'm trying to develop an application based on the ZSTAR3 system. For that I'm trying to purchase a ZSTAR USB node and 4 or 5 ZSTAR3 accelerometer sensor boards, which led me to a couple of questions: 1- I've contacted my local distributor and they only have the ZTAR2 Development board. Is it possible to buy a ZSTAR USB node and 5 ZSTAR3 accelerometer sensor boards directly from Freescale? 2- Although the software that comes with the ZSTAR3 development boards is very good to get a initial sense of this development board, I would like to use the ZSTAR3 hardware and develop my own application: 2.1- Is it possible to reprogram the USB stick and/or the sensor boards? 2.2- If not, can I use the data that arrives to the USB port and develop my own application, in Visual Studio for example? 2.3- If so, where can I get more information on how to use the data or more information on the protocol your software uses to communicate with the USB stick? Thanks in advance. Regards, Pedro Silva
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

chs
Contributor I
I am interested in the same thing/questions as you list.
Did you get an answer directly from freescale yet?
0 Kudos

PSilva
Contributor I
Yes I have. Here it is:

"Unfortunately, it is not possible to buy the RD3172MMA7456L directly from Freescale. The status of the ZSTAR3 is "Newly Introduced" so I believe your local distributors will be able to provide you the RD3172MMA7456L soon.

The USB Stick can be easily reprogramed using GUI. Please see page 83 in the Reference Manual which can be found on the web:

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/ref_manual/ZSTAR3RM.pdf

The Sensor Board can be reprogrammed over the BDM (Background Debug Interface). You can find more information for the BDM from the following link:

http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=33&menu_id=details&fsrch=1

The ZSTAR communication protocol is also described in the Reference Manual (page 41)."
0 Kudos

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Pedro,
ZSTAR3 is available now on Freescale Web. And only note for your question about developing own applications with ZSTAR3 under Visual  studio - With ZSTAR3 package is distributed ZSTAR3 PC library to allow easialy implemeted all ZSTAR3 functions to customers applications.

Have a nice day
0 Kudos