cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LCD_RESET signal

srcoolz
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using the iMX6UL process with a 24bpp LCD. In my application that LCD will be completed switched off when the unit is Idle. The processor (ideally) will be in low power mode but not in standby to ensure communications are still active.

I would like to know if the LCD_RESET signal can be used to hold the LCD module in reset. This will allow the unit to reduce power consumption. If yes, how to access it in the application?

Thank you for your help.
Regards

Santhosh

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santhosh

there is no way to put it in special state in low power mode, however

one can configure LCD_RESET as gpio and control it from

linux/arch/arm/mach-imx/suspend-imx6.S

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dluberger
Contributor V

Can you explain this a little further? Are you saying it's possible to set gpio pin states during low power or standby mode? I read the contents of the suspend-imx6.S assembly code but I can't make heads or tails of it, and don't see anything in there about setting gpio's.

0 Kudos

srcoolz
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for taking the time. Can you please let me know if the LCD driver (in Linux) uses the LCD_RESET line? If not, I can use it as a GPIO even without the lower power mode. 

My application will not be going into suspend mode, I'm planning to turn off the LCD completely and switch to a lower frequency and call it "power saving" mode. I need to keep UART communication running in "power saving" mode and don't want to suspend the processor.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Santhosh

0 Kudos