cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTNETLink Not supported in imx28 evk linux 2.6.35

santhoshkarthik
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am working CAN interface in imx28 evk board with Linux 2.6.35. I am not able to set bitrate through ip tool

ip link set can0 type can bitrate 50000 triple-sampling on

it was showing

RTNetlink operation not supported, In NXP community somebody said we have to do following config in kernel menuconfig to make RTNetlink work,

CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK=y  CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE=y  CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_LOG=y  CONFIG_NF_CT_NETLINK=y  CONFIG_SCSI_NETLINK=y  CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=y  CONFIG_NET_SCH_INGRESS=y  CONFIG_NET_SCHED=y  CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y  CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_MARK=y

and I enabled all the config but still that problem is not resolved

root@mx28evk ~$ ip link set can0 type can bitrate 50000 triple-sampling on
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
root@mx28evk ~$ ip link set can0 type can bitrate 50000 triple-sampling on
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
root@mx28evk ~$

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Karthik

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx28evk_defconfig.dev.zip

Labels (1)
1 Reply

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

please enable CONFIG_DUMMY and try!

config DUMMY      tristate "Dummy net driver support"      ---help---        This is essentially a bit-bucket device (i.e. traffic you send to        this device is consigned into oblivion) with a configurable IP        address. It is most commonly used in order to make your currently        inactive SLIP address seem like a real address for local programs.        If you use SLIP or PPP, you might want to say Y here. Since this        thing often comes in handy, the default is Y. It won't enlarge your        kernel either. What a deal. Read about it in the Network        Administrator's Guide, available from        <http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#guide>.         To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module        will be called dummy.

Have a great day,
TIC   weidong sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------