I have some questions about the flexbus on the Kinetis devices.
1) What kinds of flash memory are supported on the Flexbus. I read NAND flash is not recommended.
2) Can you write to external Flash via the flexbus interface? Or do you have to write the chip via JTAG?
3) Can you use a debugger that is connected to the Kinetis MCU to write to external flash and/or RAM? For example, can I specify a const array with a C attribute specifying an address that is external FLASH or RAM and have the debugger work like it was internal ram or flash? I would like to load large C arrays to external flash.
4) What debuggers support writing to external flash and/or ram?
5) Can I make a section in the linker file and have a C array attribute telling it to go to that linker section for external flash address?
6) Any recommendations on how to connect external flash and RAM as seamless as possible?
7) What are the best development boards with Kinetis devices that would help with learning how to connect external flash and ram via flexbus?