cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Multilink connection

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

I am using CW10.7/Windows 7 I have a Multilink Universal FX and a S08 demo board and both boards exhibit the same problem. The hardware is recognised by Windows and the device manager shows the devices to be "working properly". when I use the C/W flash feature everything is fine and the device is programmed correctly.

when I try to debug the connection assistant window shows:- pastedImage_1.jpg

but when I retry the window returns with: -

pastedImage_2.jpg

If I disconnect the USB and reconnect the same process repeats itself. This happens with both the Multilink and the demo board.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian,

1. First please update the firmware of Multilink Universal FX with P&E firmware update utility,

you can download "Firmware Updates & Recovery" at here :PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

and there is a video about how to update:

Multilink Universal can't program the 9s12 chip after firmware updated 

2. If  still can't work, In order to work on your problem , please tell me which demo board,

also please take a video or take screenshots to show the steps and the debug configuration view :

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Julian,

1. First please update the firmware of Multilink Universal FX with P&E firmware update utility,

you can download "Firmware Updates & Recovery" at here :PEmicro - P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Develop... 

and there is a video about how to update:

Multilink Universal can't program the 9s12 chip after firmware updated 

2. If  still can't work, In order to work on your problem , please tell me which demo board,

also please take a video or take screenshots to show the steps and the debug configuration view :

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!