How to Enable PAN profile of bluetooth in IMX6sl so that internet can be shared through bluetooth ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enable PAN profile of bluetooth in IMX6sl so that internet can be shared through bluetooth ?

bhargavchappall
Contributor I

I have worked on OBEX profile of bluetooth for FILE tx and rx . I have gone through some sites. They suggested some points like enabling bnep and Ethernet bridging in kernel and running pand as NAP (network access point) at server side and as PANU at client side. I have been trying to follow the commands they have given in that links. But bnep0 interface is showing error when i use ifconfig bnep0 up command .

Please suggest me if any 1 know how to use PAN service in Blue-tooth, so that i can share Internet through blue-tooth..

server side :

pand --listen --role=NAP

in the client side after running

pand --connect 5C:B6:CC:03:CE:A5

CLIENT SIDE in /var/log/messages it is showing

daemon.info pand[2983]: Connecting to 5C:B6:CC:03:CE:A5

Connect to 5C:B6:CC:03:CE:A5 failed. Connection refused(111)

please suggest commands to connect and share internet

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

please compile the folliwing file to android image! Then try.

packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/TetherSettings.Java

packages/apps/Bluetooth/src/com/android/bluetooth/pan/PanService.java

Have a great day,
TIC  Weidong sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bhargavchappall
Contributor I

dear Wigros Sun thanks for your reply . But iam Working on Linux kernel  not android.

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

We don't have read-made experience to share with you, but I think the document is probably useful for you.

http://www.mobilab.unina.it/Sw/bluenaphowto/BluetoothNAPHowTo(En).pdf 

Have a great day,
TIC   weidong sun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos