cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the heap and stack informations use s32ds

yukunwu
Contributor III

Hello, all

I build a FreeRTOS project based on MPC5748G,now i want to check the heap usage and stack usage,but i don't know how to view them.Is there any tools to show these information?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should be able to use the FreeRTOS views:

pastedImage_1.png

They work for any GDB based debug connection (see as well Better FreeRTOS Debugging in Eclipse).

Other than that, you show that information from your application too (e.g. on a terminal/console), see 'FreeRTOS Task List' section in McuOnEclipse Components: 22-Nov-2015 Release ).  You can find that code on GitHub: McuOnEclipseLibrary/McuRTOS.c at master · ErichStyger/McuOnEclipseLibrary · GitHub 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

indusivaraman
Contributor I

I am also working on MPC5748G. I use S32 design studio 2017.r1.and would like to view stack and heap. I tried the steps mentioned by you. But I do not see any Freertos views. i am using S32 on linux machine(ubuntu). Is there any additional step needed?

0 Kudos

yukunwu
Contributor III

Hi, Erich,

Thanks for your reply.

I  have already install the Task-aware Debugger. I could see this Task list ,but when i open the heap usage tag,the software show an error.

pastedImage_1.png

how to solve this problem?Should I make a configuration for this plugin?

Thanks~

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As noted in that error message, it could be because of optimizations. Have you turned off optimizations to see if it helps? The plugin tries to use variables from the FreeRTOS heap implementation to find out what heap scheme is used.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

yukunwu
Contributor III

emmm...

I have checked the project settings.The optimiztions level is None(-O0),and the debug level is Max (-g3).

Maybe it doesn't support this chip(MPC5748G) or s32ds software..  :smileysad:

BTW,i used heap_2.c to implement heap allocation.

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

0 Kudos