NXP Reader Library Updates?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP Reader Library Updates?

gregkujawa
Contributor I

I have a Visual Studio solution that I wish to deploy cross-platform. So that my RC663 mobile devices can be better supported. Currently my solution works fine for Windows Mobile. My Visual Studio targets that platform just fine, including the NxpRdLib.dll file from the NXP Reader Library. 

But I am having trouble deploying this solution for the Android platform. Obviously the unmanaged NxpRdLib.dll file cannot be referenced. Although if there was a managed .NET assembly for the NXP Reader Library I suspect I would be okay.

Are there any plans in the near future to release a .NET version of the NXP Reader Library? Seeing that .NET has been around for awhile, likely isn't going anywhere soon, and Visual Studio now provides effective cross-platform deployment options, this might be something worth looking into.

Short of trying to modify existing C/C++ source code and create my own managed DLL, I am hoping for an easier solution :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gregkujawa
Contributor I

Guess the sound of crickets means that there aren't any active developers looking for similar availability. Seeing I applied for an account on the NXP DocStore about a week ago and still haven't seen confirmed access, it appears as if I'll either need to look for a better documented, supported, and portable RFID module manufacturer. Spinning my wheels on something for a week isn't the optimum start.

I realize that I could just manually rewrite the open source NxpRdLib C code so that it's natively .C# NET. Maybe that would take less time than it would take to get a response from the community, NXP support, or NXP DocStore :-/

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Greg,

I am sorry, but so far just NXPRdLib library public version available, no info regarding .NET version that you mentioned.

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos