KBOOT for MCUXpresso?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KBOOT for MCUXpresso?

simonhaines
Contributor III

Is there a port for KBOOT to MCUXpresso? I'd like to migrate my toolchain to MCUXpresso, but am having unusual results when porting the bootloader: when enumerating the USB MSC, no virtual files are present in the root folder, and other weird issues.

If there is no official port, is one planned? Has anyone in the community managed to port KBOOT to MCUXpresso for their device?

Tags (2)
5 Replies

lucasrangit
Contributor III

I was able to import the "freedom_bootloader" from the SDK 2.4.1 for my FRDM-K22F using MCUXpresso. KBOOT has been renamed "mcu-boot".

wilkinsw
Contributor III

I have everything compiled and linked in MCUXpresso without too much fiddling.  Several symbols need to be defined that got renamed, and I had to prune/filter out the sources for all the other applications that are included.  Once I can verify it's working I'll write up the steps.

wilkinsw
Contributor III

Any update for this?  I'm also interested in getting started with KBOOT for MCUXpresso

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wikins,

Sorry  it still no update.

There is a guide about importing project from KDS to MCUXpresso IDE,

while it seems not easy:

MCUXpresso IDE: Importing Kinetis Design Studio Projects | MCU on Eclipse 

And KDS IDE also supproted by NXP , I recommend you use it to development KBOOT.

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sim,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products.

I have contact our KBOOT expert team, they said yes, there is this plan,

while sorry haven't the exact time.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------