Did you mean: 

Can't connect to LPC-LINK2 in MCUXpresso

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

When attempting, all I get is, "No compatible probes available."

• Everything works on a coworkers machine
  • LPCXpresso works just fine on my machine
  • I've tried several different LPC-LINK2 boards

Is there some driver or service that's running for LPCXpresso that's not compatible with MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos
14 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for following up.

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's a stretch, but import your projects to a new workspace. Delete, then recreate your launch configurations making sure the configuration is for the LPC-Link2.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

OK, I torched the workspace, moved the workspace to new area, re-imported the project (the only one currently on MCUXpresso), recreated a new debug for this project, tried my LPC-Link2, no joy.

I swapped Link2 with a coworker, it worked for him, but MCUXpresso  locked up for me and when I restarted it, I was back to a point of "LinkServer not found."

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You mentioned you can see the boot probe device in the Control Panel Devices and Printers. This probe uses the standard Windows HID device driver once the probe is booted.

I'm curious whether there's a USB bandwidth problem on your computer using the standard probe. I've never seen a bandwidth issue for a single LPC-Link2 CMSIS-DAP probe, but I can't  boot two probes on a single USB controller on my machine without a Windows bandwidth warning. Windows doesn't always warn, so you'll just not see the probe. As a quick experiment, unplug/replug your LPC-Link2.You're going to boot (what we call) the NonBridge probe using the boot_link2.cmd script. This probe uses only one USB endpoint, so uses significantly less bandwidth. Use the following command-line:

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.2_411\ide\bin>boot_link2.cmd  NonBridge

Report your results.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

I've only got one LPC-LINK2 running at a time - just a bunch sitting on my desk unconnected.

When I attempt to connect the device changes from "LPC" to "LPC-LinkII UCom", yet the LinkServer can't see the probe.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The device should change from "LPC" to "LPC-Link2 CMSIS-DAP V5.182". The "LPC-LinkII UCom" is actually the VCOM device port which is not used for the debug connection. Bear with me. You may have an obsolete LPC-LinkII UCom driver. Follow the directions at: LPC-Link2 fails to enumerate with CMSIS-DAP firmware to remove/update the VCOM driver. Similar instructions can be found here:  LPC Link2 Debugger Fails

Follow up with your results.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

The device information is...

Manufacturer: Unavailable

Model: LPC_LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.182

Model number: Unavailable

Category: Unknown

Description: Unavailable

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

...in the mean time my computer crashed.

A fresh install of Windows 10 and MCUXpresso got it working.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That's what you want to see. Double check to make certain there are no rogue arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe, crt_emu_cm_redlink.exe, or redlinkserv.exe processes in the Windows Task Manager. If so, terminate them and retry the connection.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

Not seeing anything like that running or in my startups.

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Not sure. if you navigate the Control Panel  to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers, does the LPC-Link2 show as an LPC device, or as an CMSIS-DAP device? If an LPC device, trying using the boot_Iink2.cmd file to attempt to DFU the probe. This presumes your LPC-Link2 is setup to DFU boot instead of booting from flash. If so, MCUXpresso will DFU the 5.182 version of the CMSIS-DAP probe. This setting requires JP1 open. Are you connecting through a hub? if so, direct connect to a USB port. Try other USB ports, particularly ports connected to a different USB controller. Report your results.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

The cable connects direct to my docking station and it shows up as "LPC" on initial connection.

Running boot_link2.cmd results in it changing to "LPC-LinkII UCom Port (COM27)", with the model, "LPC-LINK2 CMSIS-DAP V5.182".

MCUXpresso still shows "No probes found".

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We'll need more information. Host OS, and MCUXpresso version please.

Thanks and regards,

MCUXpresso Support

0 Kudos

chrispflieger
Contributor IV

Windows 7

MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.2 [Build 411] [2017-07-11] 

LPCXpresso v7.7.2 [Build 379] [2015-03-31]

0 Kudos