Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color coding dosen't work on one INCLUDE file

Jump to solution
FreeRadical
Contributor I
Hi,

I'm having a problem with CodeWarrior version 5.90. The color coding is intermittent on one of my include files. The program is written in relocatable Assembly. The code assembles without errors or warnings and the include file appears in the listing file. It also executes in the software simulator. If I make changes to the include file in question, some times the color coding works, than stops working.

Any ideas?

Don O 
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Which processor are you targeting?
Which extension do you use for the assembly include files?
Which version are you using (5.9 is the ide version, not the product version).

In order to get target specific coloring, make sure you add the assembly include files to the project and to
map the extension to the right coloring setup.
Especially extensions like *.asm, *.s, *,inc, *.h, *.c are colored in a generic fashion unless the file is part of a project, in which case the project settings do usually cause it to be colored target dependent.

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Which processor are you targeting?
Which extension do you use for the assembly include files?
Which version are you using (5.9 is the ide version, not the product version).

In order to get target specific coloring, make sure you add the assembly include files to the project and to
map the extension to the right coloring setup.
Especially extensions like *.asm, *.s, *,inc, *.h, *.c are colored in a generic fashion unless the file is part of a project, in which case the project settings do usually cause it to be colored target dependent.

Daniel
0 Kudos