cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write dcd failed / ROM Write failed, addr: 0x020c406c

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

This is regarding imax6 processor based custom hardware design.

1)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to run DDR calibration with v.2.7 and v.2.6 but it still get the following error when I click Download on GUI :

"ERROR: Write dcd failed."

But when I comment the following line of the script it run correctly.

//setmem /32 0x020c406c = 0xffffffff

What is the reason for this ?

One of my another custom hardware design which has same design like above I needed to comment following line to load DDR Calibration Script.

//setmem /32 0x020c4080 = 0xffffffff

What is the reason for this random issue ? 

2)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to do this memory calibration using DDR_STRESS_TESTER V1.0.2 as well. Then It occurred following problem.

MX6DQ opened.
HAB_TYPE: DEVELOP
rom_write: reading HAB ack failed 0x00000000
ROM Write failed, addr: 0x020c406c
Write dcd failed.

Is this related to (HAB) High Assurance Boot component ? Some issue with the processor ? 

3)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But 

setmem /32 0x020c406c = 0xffffffff

setmem /32 0x020c4080 = 0xffffffff

Above values are in valid address range. And some of my boards could run this script without commenting it. Why is that ? Is this some thing related to iMAX6 manufacturing ? Will they do this kind of restrictions for different batch of productions ?

Regards,

Peter

Labels (3)
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The problem with CCM Clock Gating Registers may mean system / board

issue. Please check design using design checklist, PCB / layout recommendations.

Please look at Chapter 6 (Avoiding Board Bring-up Problems) of Hardware Development

Guide for i.MX6.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------