Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Address change

Jump to solution
prasanthapplied
Contributor III

Dear all,

I'm using lpc1768 controller with keil RTX RTOS. I need to know mac address of this controller is changeable or not? Because when i change a mac address value using "#define  ETH0_MAC1 to ETH0_MAC6" then build it and download to controller mac Address gets changed and works fine but if i change it while controller running using "eth0_mac_addr[0] to [6]" mac ID gets changed and gets ping some minutes only after that it shows request time out.

Is it not Possible to change a MAC address while controller running?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

LPC1768 board has a unique MAC address, but the unique address is on the interface chip, not the LPC1768 itself.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

LPC1768 board has a unique MAC address, but the unique address is on the interface chip, not the LPC1768 itself.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
Soledad

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
prasanthapplied
Contributor III

Dear Soledad,

Thanks a lot for your clarification. It really helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanth

0 Kudos