i.MX7D Video Resolutions Supported

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7D Video Resolutions Supported

kevinangus
Contributor III

Looking at using the i.MX7D in a design but I can't find what resolutions it supports with: Android, Linux or bare metal. Where would I begin to look for that information?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kevin

please refer to Table 29. Video codec specification for hardware without VPU acceleration

attached Release Notes.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kevinangus
Contributor III

After getting 'chewed on' for a while I wondered why I thought that the i.MX7 did video:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/FLYRIMXPRDCMPR.pdf 

1080 that is what it says. 

"1080p (1920 x 1080), SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)"

Perhaps someone should fix that marketing 'glitch' so those that quote from the manufacturer's brochure don't get 'chewed on' as much.  

FYI 480 is a long way from 1080 

0 Kudos

kevinangus
Contributor III

From Table 22: HDMI supports only one startup resolution mode 1280x720 when booting to X backend rootfs. 

From Table 29: 720X480 without VPU, i.mx7d does not have a VPU so here is my answer?

This is for Linux X which includes Yocto and Android? but no information on bare metal in this document. 

Thank you for attaching the document, I'm closer to the answer. 

Update: I looked around and found  i.MX 7ULP with VPU support but it is just a marketing blimp at this time, it is missing the second processor but it did lose the e-display, which is a good thing for my application. Not enough information at this time but it does appear targeted at watches? which means no BGA monster and no RGB 24/HDMI.

0 Kudos