cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP jennet IP LAN/WAN

prasanthv
Contributor I

Hi Support Team 

I am using ZigbeeNodeControlBridge/Source/ZigbeeNodeControlBridge in JN5168 as Control Bridge connected tolinux based PC  via UART serial port

/*******************************************************************************************************************/

Below things will be running in linux based PC 

ZigbeeNodeControlBridge/Source/Host/zigbee-jip-daemon/JIP/Build   => zigbee daemon  will be running in one terminal 

Host/ZigbeeNodeControlBridge/Source/Host/libJIP/Build                  => jip will be running in another terminal window

/********************************************************************************************************************/

i  am able to run daemon and connect to Available ZIGBEE nodes and get data and notification, 

consider another PC connected to Gateway via LAN

As per jennet ip documents i will be able to control or read / write data to ZIGBEE node from another PC connected to gateway via LAN

In this scenerio i tried running  zigbee_daemon in GATEWAY PC

jip client will be running in Another PC where i want to do the read/write (./JIP -6 "GATEWAY_PC_IPV6") , will i be able to do this way ??

please provide some information that clarifies above scenario...

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The LAN in a JenNet-IP system connects together the WPANs of the system.

The LAN may also provide a connection to a WAN, such as the Internet (and this WAN may provide connections to other JenNet-IP systems consisting of a LAN and associated WPANs. So,Messages are sent between the wireless nodes of a JenNet-IP system as IPv6 packets which are compressed and embedded in IEEE 802.15.4 frames.

Note: As you know, the support for the JenNet-IP stack is limited.

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos