cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line utility for lpc-link2 to see debug prints on terminal

subodhmankar
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using lpc-link2 to program and debug using Mcuxpresso IDE.

I want to know Command line utility for lpc-link2 to see debug prints on terminal.

Could anyone help me with it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Subodh,

Could you tell us which MCU are you using? Are you using a evaluation board? If you are using the LPC-Link2 as debugger and want to catch the debug prints from the target MCU then you need to use semihosting,  please take a look to the following post for more information:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-334074 

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

subodhmankar
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks you for the link, I am using lpc54608 eval board....I can see debug outs using USB debug of eval board  but when I use lpc54608 on my test PCB I have to use lpc-link2 to flash and debug....

I don't want to use MCUXPRESSO IDE but willing to use command line utility.
When we flash code using IDE following command gets executed....
crt_emu_cm_redlink --flash-load-exec  "/path/to/axf/file/touch_try.axf" -g --debug 2  --vendor NXP -p LPC54608J512  -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 --reset vectreset  -x /home/xyz/Documents/MCUXpresso_10.0.0_344/lcd_projects/touch_try/Debug --flash-dir /home/xyz/mcuxpresso/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC54608J512_support/Flash

same command from command-line(terminal) works for me for flashing firmware from lpc-link2 to my PCB having lpc54608.

Just like flash code command line utility what is the command-line utility for seeing debug outs from lpc-link2.

When I put lpc54608 in debug mode and run code I can see debug on mcuxpresso ide console... instead of that how can I see debug output on terminal using lpc-link2?

0 Kudos