Yocto i.Mx6 error on qtwebengine-5.7.1+gitAUTOINC+9cc97f0c63_b3c79e92f0-r0 do_compile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto i.Mx6 error on qtwebengine-5.7.1+gitAUTOINC+9cc97f0c63_b3c79e92f0-r0 do_compile

Jump to solution
buggsbunny
Contributor II

Hello everyonne,

I am new here around NXP Community, so I hope I am not in the wrong category. 

I just received a ConnectCore 6 SBC board provided by Digi, which embedded an i.MX6Quad. The provider includes with the board a complete tutorial with a Yocto project (adding their own layer with dedicated features). I am completly new in the yocto universe (but interested by it !) and such an approach is a good start (I think) to get the main lines and ideas of this tool.

So, I started by chosing the features I wanted/needed in my linux distro and started a build. After few things, fetching errors, there and there, I've reached to the point I have a real issue I cannot handle on my own:

qtwebengine-5.7.1+gitAUTOINC+9cc97f0c63_b3c79e92f0-r0 do_compile: GNU gold (GNU Binutils 2.27.0.20160806) 1.12/home/yoan/Dev/DigiYocto/workspace/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold: error: cannot open : No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

ERROR: qtwebengine-5.7.1+gitAUTOINC+9cc97f0c63_b3c79e92f0-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: qtwebengine-5.7.1+gitAUTOINC+9cc97f0c63_b3c79e92f0-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile...

Etc, etc...

So, do anyone have an idea concerning how I can correct this or anyway to debug/have more verbose information about it ?

Thanks for answering :smileyhappy:

BB.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
buggsbunny
Contributor II

Ok I resolved it, in a sense...

First of all, I realized how stupid I was, I didn't get on first sight that the link error could be from another package than the qt_web_engine. And I realized that when I launched the same MakeFile command on my terminal, and it finished well without any error...

Anyway, I change the branch of the git repo I was using from Digi to provide all the Yocto project. And instead of using the last 'stable' version, I used the 'latest'. And it worked completly fine. So now I have my Linux Image. (Well, without wlan0 interface, which is kind of a big deal, but it's ok !)

Thanks for your help gusarambula !

BB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
buggsbunny
Contributor II

Ok I resolved it, in a sense...

First of all, I realized how stupid I was, I didn't get on first sight that the link error could be from another package than the qt_web_engine. And I realized that when I launched the same MakeFile command on my terminal, and it finished well without any error...

Anyway, I change the branch of the git repo I was using from Digi to provide all the Yocto project. And instead of using the last 'stable' version, I used the 'latest'. And it worked completly fine. So now I have my Linux Image. (Well, without wlan0 interface, which is kind of a big deal, but it's ok !)

Thanks for your help gusarambula !

BB.

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Buggs Bunny,

I haven’t encountered this error, but I’m not familiar with the ConnectCore 6 SBC or its BSP. You can turn on the debug/verbose information by using the -DDD option in bitbake.

$ bitbake -DDD <IMAGE_OR_PACKAGE>

The added information will be included on the logs in the temporal folder inside tmp/work but you can also save it to a file to analyze the error with more ease:

$ bitbake -DDD <IMAGE_OR_PACKAGE> > debug_log.log

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos
buggsbunny
Contributor II

Well after giving it a try, I still have the same error with no more information:

| linking ../../lib/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5.7.1
| collect2 version 6.2.0

<compilation+link cmd line provided by qt Makefile>
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| GNU gold (GNU Binutils 2.27.0.20160806) 1.12/home/yoan/Dev/DigiYocto/workspace/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi-ld.gold: error: cannot open : No such file or directory
| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

And that's it ! 

Any idea ? 

0 Kudos
buggsbunny
Contributor II

Thanks gusarambula, I'll try that and dig in what the logs will give me. :smileywink:

Regards,

0 Kudos