Problem about debug on MPC5775K

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about debug on MPC5775K

junyishen
Contributor II

I debug a wrong program that will cause run away.and then,I load a modified program.some errors come:

PE-ERROR: Error downloading to the device.
PE-ERROR: CAN'T READ REGISTERS. TARGET IS RUNNING

I look for some solutions:delay after reset and before communicating to target for 250/1000  ms

But that doesn't work.

I tried to power off, debug again.but same error.

now,I don't know what to do and I can't debug the MPC5775k.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This is a connection issue to your target device.

Seems the wrong project you programmed gets the device into a state that prevents pemicro to load or execute its programming algorithm on the device even after reset issued by the probe.

Could you check if RESET LED is on while the loading is proceeding?

Could you also try to experiment with the reset button. E.g try to hold the reset and release it right before debugger starts connecting to a device.

I'll check with Pemicro Experts what the other options are.

Thanks!

Stan

0 Kudos

junyishen
Contributor II

In the past, there was a phase that required password, and this phase is not always present. Is it because of the reset error?

0 Kudos

junyishen
Contributor II

I tried many times, I have successfully loaded the program, but I have a lot of changes in the program want to try, but I'm not sure of the correct, after each time the program is wrong, I have to spend a lot of time to be loaded again.when power up,chip will automatically run the wrong program and chip will be locked . I was going crazy, can set the programming into chip.Can you set and do not burn the program into the chip?

0 Kudos

junyishen
Contributor II

If I load a wrong program next time, will it lead to that? If so, then I don't have a chance to make a mistake

0 Kudos

junyishen
Contributor II

OK,first,while the loading is proceeding,the LED D9 is On.the LED D1 will be on after I press the reset button.

and then,I don't what is the mean of "right before debugger starts connecting to a device".Maybe I don't know the right time.If I press the reset button all the time,the dubug will fail at 61%.

0 Kudos