cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable support for KHR_stream_cross_process_fd in vivante opengl

kravik
Contributor IV

Hi,

we are trying to stream video from one process to another process in opengl surface using vivante. Can anybody give any idea that how to stream video from one process to another process by opengl.

Can we enable opengl support for KHR_stream_cross_process_fd extension in vivante or any alternative support does exist of this in vivante for imx6 processor.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

frank_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ravi,

Do you use i.MX6DQ which has gc2000 inside? Based on the i.MX graphic user guide attached, GC2000 don't support EGL_KHR_stream_cross_process_fd. You can refer to item 41 of Section 3.2(EGL extension support). Thank you.

Best Regards,

Frank 

0 Kudos

kravik
Contributor IV

Thanks Frank,

But, is there any other way to share graphical data between two opengl application in linux.

0 Kudos

frank_zhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ravi,

I don't have much experience on this topic. If we can share physical address(alloc memory by g2d or other API)  between two process, maybe we can use  glTexDirectVIVMap(you can refer to that guide for this function).

Best Regards,

Frank 

0 Kudos

kravik
Contributor IV

Thanks Frank,

Now, we are able to share physical memory via virtual framebuffer but how to use glTexDirectVIVMap for maping framebuffer virtual framebuffer, we are using page-flipping with 3 page buffers. 

So, we don't have more idea about glTexDirectVIVMap, so how to pass the information of virtual framebuffer to glTexDirectVIVMap API.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos