Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to program flash configuration field TRK-KEA128 board

Jump to solution
rajankali
Contributor I

Hi, I am newbie to NXP.

I am trying check how to use back-door key command, but I am unable to program FSEC register via flash configuration field. Following are the steps I am following

1) Flash_Erase_Sector(Sector2); // Erasing sector from address 0x400

2) uint8_t u8keys[8] = {0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA,0xAA};
    uint8_t flash_array[8] = {0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xBF,0xFF};

3) Flash_Program(0x400, &u8keys[0], 8);    //Programming back-door keys

4) Flash_Program(0x408, &flash_array[0], 8); //Programming rest of flash config field, back-door key access enabled

After reset, FPROT register value: 0xFF, FSEC register value: 0xFE.

Why the FSEC register value is not changing?, how to program flash configuration field?

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi raj ankali,

If you want to configure the backdoor and security region,  please do the modification in your project.

pastedImage_1.png

backdoor is in flash address 0x400-0x407.

Now take S32DS project as an example, you just need to modify the .s file, the according flash address is OK.

pastedImage_2.png

But if you are using the IAR, you need to add "--enable_config_write " in the options, flashloader configuration windows.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi raj ankali,

If you want to configure the backdoor and security region,  please do the modification in your project.

pastedImage_1.png

backdoor is in flash address 0x400-0x407.

Now take S32DS project as an example, you just need to modify the .s file, the according flash address is OK.

pastedImage_2.png

But if you are using the IAR, you need to add "--enable_config_write " in the options, flashloader configuration windows.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!