cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demosaicing RGB-IR I.MX7 is possible?

wiltoncaldas
Contributor I

Hi.

Im starting a new project and I'm thinking in using an I.MX 7 processor option.
In my project i want to use  a cmos image sensor with  RGB-IR color filter  or  RGBW.
Is the I.MX7 capable of do the Demosaicing using this kind of pattern.
If yes, where can I find a good document about the pixel processing and  a code example.

Best regards,

Wilton

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330278  Hope this also can do help for you.

0 Kudos

wiltoncaldas
Contributor I

Thanks Rita.

I think that i undestand now.

Reading the  Application Processor Reference Manual i found the following explanation.

"13.3.6.1.1 Bayer Data
Bayer data is a type of raw data from the image sensor. This byte-wide data must be
converted to the RGB space or YUV space by software."

In the RGB-IR or RGBW sensor the raw data is a little different from the tradictional RGB Bayer raw.

So, like in the usual demosaicing process of the raw RGB Bayer, the new RGB-IR demosaicing need to be done by software.

So it is possible,  depending only from the resolution and the processor load.

"13.3.6.2 STAT FIFO Path
Statistics only works for Bayer data in 8-bit per pixel format. It generates 16-bit statistical
output from the 8-bit Bayer input (CSI_DATA[13:6]). The outputs are Sum of Green (G),
Sum of Red (R), Sum of Blue (B), and Auto Focus (F). Each output is 16-bits wide."

To complement the question.

The statistic hardware to control the sensor Exposure, and White Balance will not work for RGB-IR sensor because  pixel pattern changed.

So, I will need to reimplement the statistical control by software for this kind of sensor.

Is this correct?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The i.MX7 support the Parallel RGB and MIPI DSI Display Interfaces and Parallel and MIPI CSI Camera Interfaces.pastedImage_1.jpg

About the code you can refe to the source code about rerefence board.

0 Kudos